When I was living in our new home alone this past December I walked 200 yards to church to attend for the first time. To be honest, with my family in Utah and a lot to be done on the house before I could move them up I was tempted to stay home and work. My good shoulder angel won out and I went to church. The cold night air had brought about 1" of snow. I enjoyed church and met some nice people. As always, when the shoulder angels argue and the good one wins the outcome was a positive one. From previous life experience I knew in my heart that obedience alone was a worthy reason to set aside what I thought might be an acceptable option. On my way home I had a very significant moment. As I walked back home I noticed "my" footsteps embedded in the new snow from my trek just hours earlier. That image had a strong impression in my mind.
Whether there is new snow on the ground or not we leave footsteps everywhere we go. That morning was a unique opportunity to visually come to a better understanding of that fact.
May we all leave footprints that are the results of our "good" shoulder angel!
Download Now: let's get rude by Blush Design PDF
8 years ago
1 comments:
I love the idea of finding your own footsteps. Nicely put
Post a Comment