Sunday, March 8, 2009

Oh Maddie Belle...


As usual, Maddie entertains us with her funny ways. This morning I was making breakfast for the family (Sunday) and Maddie comes in the room. "Mom says she is going to start counting the times you bring junk in our house". I told her that was nothing new, that mom always counts when I bring "junk" in the house. Junk, of course, being treats.

Awhile later Wendy came in the room and "clarified" what she said. So, I said, "Fine, I won't bring any candy into the house for 1 year".

Maddie was busy eating her "egg in a basket". They are one of the things that bond Maddie and Daddy. I cut the center out of a piece of bread and fry an egg in the "basket" for a fun breakfast. She loves them and begs me to make them for her! The trick is to use enough butter so the bread is toasted like on a fried cheese sandwich. I'm suprised I haven't been scolded for using too much butter. Anyway, Maddie waited until mom left the room and quietly said, "Dad, that is an evil plan... don't do it". Then she said, "Just sneak them in at night and I won't tell mom".

She was VERY serious! But, unfortunately, so was mom!

What am I to do. Maybe I'll use those creme filled chocolate eggs for her next egg in a basket!

4 comments:

shawn rowley said...

triangulation for treats....
sounds like a game show!

Jen said...

I'm with Maddie - just sneak em in! What's life without a sweet treat ! Forget ole Winner excercise her pants off Landrum! She must be misrable! LOL! Love you Wend and you look great in those jeans!

Amy said...

So funny. I love that Wendy's self-control! Tis true if it's there it will be eaten. (usually by me!)

JP Anderson said...

Can you keep the treats in your truck? Then you can take the kids on rides.