Monday, March 16, 2009

Mike & Wendy 23 years this Saturday!

"Love cannot be realized alone; it is only realized through a reciprocal relationship."

23 years ago I had the most significant event in my life occur. I was sealed to my eternal companion and progressive best friend in the Logan Temple. I use the word significant simply because everything good about my life and all things that cause me joy are directly tied to my wife. I used the words "progressive best friend" due to the fact that the longer I know my sweet heart the more appreciative I am that she accepted the challenge of being my wife. Any effort I have put into our relationship has been returned with increase. A wise investment to be sure. I am a very blessed man.

My wife. As I contemplate a word that best describes her I come up with so many complimentary options that it gets confusing. However, I must narrow it to one for the purpose, well, of having just one. Anything else might come off as effortless and insincere.

Steadfast is the most definite "winner" (nickname I have for her).

I admire the anchored appoach she takes to everything. My wife is immovable when it comes to her testimony. She is unwavering when it comes to her love and commitment to those she cares about. She is unflinching when it comes to hard work or trial. She is unconditional and loyal when it comes to devoting herself to me as her husband. She is the best part of us. She is undeserving of some of what she willingly deals with due to being my wife. She is the reason I smile. She is the reason I cry. She is the reason I hope. She is the reason I dream. She is the reason I try. She is the reason I will succeed.

Winner, you are simple, yet complex. There is an outer layer that is genuine, inviting and easy to read that made me easily fall in love with you. You also have a depth that keeps me challenged and compelled to stick around to see just how further amazing you will ultimately be. Although we have had some challenges you have been workable and patient allowing us to discover our potential.

I vividly remember the 2 significant things about you that captivated me when we first met. Your eyes and your smile. I could not stop staring that night in DQ as you recall. Your eyes were evidence of your purity and spirituality. Your smile was and is perfect and captivates my attention every time I am fortunate to see it.

I could not feel more blessed and excited than I do to antipate another 23+ years by your side.

I love you "Sweet"

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

7 comments:

Kelly Hill said...

Congrats, guys. I love Wendy so much - you're right... she is absolutely amazing! I'm pretty sure she'll have the same to say about you, dear brother. What a great couple!! Love you both.

Jen said...

AWEEE that was lovely! All true and very well put! You guys are great for each other! Congrats! Can't wait to see you!

shawn rowley said...

nicley said

Terri said...

That was a lovely and very accurate tribute. Happy 23rd. More than half your life together.

Savanna Landrum said...

Mom wants me to be her witness in the fact that she was going to post before you but she had to buy groceries. love ya pop

Unknown said...

Wendy...it's been a long journey, but we're starting to see some progress. Way to stick with him...Mike - you married above yourself (that's Boyd K. Packer talking, not me.) That makes two of us. Here's to another 23, plus a million or so.

JP Anderson said...

That was one of many thoughtful things you'll do for her on this 23rd I'm certain. Wendy is a rock, and it's a good thing too. You two complement each other so well. Happy anniversary!