Sunday, March 15, 2009

Pay Day

Today was one of those "pay day" kind of days. We left early this morning for Utah. We arrived just in time to drop GJ off for her day date (prom). We dropped Savanna off at her friends so they could take the train to SL for Disney on Ice. We dropped Maddie off at her buddies house and then went to visit our friends, the Marsh family. We had a great visit. Then, Wendy took GJ to the salon for an up-do. At 5 we took GJ to Grandpa and Grandma Anderson's to get ready for her prom.

I had spent last weekend helping GJ find her dress. All other males took the name of the store serious "Just for Girls" because I was the only guy in the store. I don't think many men ever go in that store because the ladies kept telling me how great they thought it was that I would bring my daughter dress shopping. They said that once in awhile a dad comes along as a silent and uncomfortable financial source but that dad's never come alone with their daughters and help them find the dress. To be honest, the experience was rather rewarding and a great memory for GJ and I. We were excited to find a dress she loved that was within my budgeted price. NOT EASY!

So, onto the pay-day. When GJ came around the corner in Grandma's house I realized that where I expected to see my little girl there stood a beautiful young woman. She looked amazing and carried a confident and happy look.

We greeted her date, took photos and sent them on their way. Confident that she would be every bit the strong and focused young woman that we know she is. We departed and drove home to Idaho leaving her to complete her prom night and then stay the week with friends. We arrived home moments ago after a drowsy drive. It is now early in the morning hours and I am going to retire as a very thankful and appreciative father.

GJ, you are an amazing young woman and I love you. I hope your prom was magnificent.

5 comments:

Felicia said...

What a good dad and a big man.

Felicia said...

that was me, John

Kelly Hill said...

Beautiful! You have such great daughters. I can't wait to see the pictures - post some soon!

shawn rowley said...

i had to shop with gabby this week because her mom was out of town.....my head still hurts.

it was like trying to paint smilely faces on a butter fly's wings in a wind storm.

you are the better man.

Jen said...

How fun for G to have you there to pick out a dress! Glad she found one she loved!