
The snake river produces some very nice fish! That's how. I enjoyed the first half of the day Saturday fishing below the dam in American Falls (1 hour from Burley). We drifted it in a boat. I did see some fishing the banks but I believe that fishing it like we did was more productive and even more fun!
I have never gone fishing that I didn't enjoy it. I have heard so many other poeple tell me they hate to fish and I just don't get it. I enjoy the water and have always found it magical. I love to think through where the fish might be and how to present the bait or lure to entice a possible strike! Although yesterday was a slow day on the snake we did catch more than other boats we saw. One by one everyone we asked said the same thing... "nope, no hits". I guess we should feel fortunate to have seen some success.
I even made it back home by 2:00 pm to attend Maddie Belle's ballet performance. I am glad too. She was wonderful.
Shawn, we have to go one of these days. I think you would really like this area.

3 comments:
Looks like a nice catch there Mike. I think fishing take more than just luck. Strategy and focus are key, neither of which I'm very interested in while fishing. I just like being out there with nature and a friend. If I catch something or not, so be it. That my friend is why you are a good fisherman and I am a good fishing buddy.
that would be cool...
I LOVED fishing as a kid. I just hated eating it. I'm a catch 'n release sorta girl.
Post a Comment