Friday, May 22, 2009

Just a swingin...

Well, Wendy and the older girls are going with me to Grouse Creek Utah tonight [45 minutes past Oakley (which is 30 minutes south of Burley {which is 2 hours east of Boise})]. Our stake is holding a barn dance and to make it as authentic as possible they found the most remote location possible. Anyone heard of Yost? It is even more remote than that.

So, we will be swing dancin tonight! Should be fun. And just to ensure my fun o meter is maxed out I get to stay overnight with my scouts. Should be great times.

What are you doing (for those of you who frequently blog) or what did you do for the big weekend (for you part timers)?

4 comments:

Kelly Hill said...

tonight my family is staying and ju's house, sans ju and phil, to watch adam and noah. early in the morning we will head to myrn's house and get started on our yearly cemetery visiting/clean-upping/picnicing adventure. we'll come back home sat. night. church sunday. teach jake how to mow the lawn on monday. good times. good times.

have fun!!

Em said...

We already had too much fun last weekend. I think its a rental movie, Wendy's type of weekend. Hopefully some disc golf is involved.

AN authentic barn dance. I hope you washed up real good and clean off your best boots. :)

Jen said...

Wow that sounds fun and you might not believe this but I went to a barn dance in Yost! True STory!!! I liked a guy named Tyler Heaton and he lived out in Yost! I traveled far and wide for that boy! He's no Jared Holyoak but he was a very nice guy!!! I wish I was comin with you guys!!

Amy said...

We've got some of Scotty's family in town and I'm taking my first wedding pictures. Nervous is an understatement!