Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Boosie on the loose...

Congrats Boosie! Yesterday, Savanna Lyn Landrum joined the ranks of her 2009 graduating class and received her diploma.

I would like to thank Grandpa and Grandma Anderson, Grandpa and Grandma Kuetterer and especially Uncle John for coming and supporting her. John, Wendy sure appreciates that out of all her siblings and mine you are 100% in supporting our girls so far for this momentous occasion. We both know it isn't easy to modify hectic schedules to do so.

Savanna, I hope you get to sleep in today after your "senior" bash. We love you and are proud of you! Watch out world, here comes Boosie!

(For those who don't know, Boosie is just one of her nick names. This one courtesy of Grandma Bonnie. Sanna Banna Bo Banna Be Bop ... Boosie. And, after 16 years it stuck!)

8 comments:

Jen said...

Hey I just want you to know that I watched it on Live Streaming Video and me and my kiddos all cheered when they called her name - YAYYYY Sanna Doo! Don't believe me - well I know that her principal is African American - I know that a guy in her graduating class has the unfortunate name of Finger! LOL! I also know that some of the girls were doing strange hand jiving when they approached the principal. See I watched! Love you Sanna Doo! Congrats to you!

Jen said...

His last name was Finger! Now that would have been so much more unfortunate to have your first name be Finger wouldn't it!

Oh and for a laugh I thought I might add that my word verification down below for this post is shist - HEE HEE! Is that swearing?

A THORN AMONG ROSES said...

You are still in the "we luv ya" category Jen. Did you catch the speech where the girl said their principle "knows how to work a speedo"? What she was getting at is that he is a body builder. But, the reaction of the crowd indicated they didn't know what she was refering to. Can an African American turn red?

Shist... swearing? Depends on your tone! My swear word for this post is "mircergr"

Em said...

I can't tell if that was a thanks to John or a guilt to the rest. But I appreciate John sending that link so those of us afar could watch the 2nd Generation FHS Grad.

A THORN AMONG ROSES said...

I hope you feel guilty... I can't believe you didn't fly out here to sit on hard seats for 2 hours to squint and see Savanna graduate!!!

Of course it was to express appreciation to John... sorry it came off otherwise. He attended Brit's and now Savanna's. I guess it just sounded more appreciative by stating that out of so many siblings he is the one that has found a way to make it work both times.

JP Anderson said...

Happy to support when I can. It's kind of fun to reminisce about the days of high school. A flood of memories and thoughts came to mind as I watched the ceremony. GO BOOSIE!

Em said...

He is a pretty good kid. Must be that Y chromosome.

Julie said...

Ummmmmm . . . I'm thinking Wendy gets the kudos because her family apparently was notified of the graduation while we (or at least I) was not. I know I'm an over achiever, but reading minds and predicting when certain events are going to happen isn't one of my many skills. Thanks Mike. Jerk.
I always knew you liked them better. It's the first cousin thing, isn't it???

;-)