Thursday, May 28, 2009

What is wrong with your toe?


Ok. I have received harrassment over and over as the years have passed about my big toe! I guess I have always seen it the way it is and have never known different so it never stands out to me. However, I now believe that it must be unique because of my experience last week.

I went in to have a physical and check up. While I was sitting there the doctor was looking down at his writing pad and making notes. I sat in quiet contemplation feeling anxiety like a prisoner awaiting to walk the long corridor to the electric chair. After a few awkward moments passed he looked up from his pad and focused in on my foot. He immediately said, "what's wrong with your toe?"

My reply, "Nothing, it is just abnormally large... see, the one on the other foot is just like it!" I think he wanted to ask if my parents were 1st cousins or something according to the look on his face.

I am sure my sisters are both loving this due to their consistant harrassment about my guiness book record big toes. I guess I am glad it isn't my nose that grew too large. At least my toe is primarily hidden by my sock!

14 comments:

Jen said...

That is hilarious! LOL! Thanks for sharing that! It doesn't look that big to me!

JP Anderson said...

I have hidden my toes in years past because of the comments I have received about them. They are very long. One of my friends once said, "WATCH OUT! John might reach up and slap you with one of his toes." Now I try to embrace the fact that I can to precise things with twenty digits.

Amy said...

It look alright to me, but I'm sure it makes you appreciate your wife's beautiful feet- as I recall she won a family vote for best feet...by a hair. (ha ha!) I too receive lots of harassment for my LONG toes. I was told to always have polish on to detract from the length.

Kelly Hill said...

"primarily hidden by my sock"

IF ONLY!!!!

I do believe our parents were first cousins, there's entirely too much proof, but that's another story.

You're like some sort of ape gone bad. Seriously, I can't picture even an ape having something that ugly. I don't mean to be rude, but your fingers are pretty nasty as well.

Good thing the rest of you is good-lookin' cuz those feet could win you the top spot in the World's Ugliest contest. (I'm sure there is one).

Okay, I'm done now. And it's a good thing I have fine and fancy feet and that nothing else on my body seems to turn the stomach. I truly do enjoy my perfection. Sometimes it's a burden, but I deal with it quite well.

(shyeah, right)

Savanna Landrum said...

Its ok dad, I dont mind your toes (having inherited them I guess I could be more bitter) I just dont like the protruding bone in your foot, totally gross.

Kelly Hill said...

Savanna - it's NOT okay. And although you're a fresh graduate with tons of brain cells - a "protruding bone in your foot" is actually known as "the toe." And yes, totally gross.

Sorry to be mean, but you dissed my hubby. Things will never be the same. ; )

A THORN AMONG ROSES said...

The protruding bone is because my foot was "crushed" by the tire on Uncle Jeff's corvette when I was your age daughter. I can do nothing about it.

KJAE, are your saying I dissed your hubby or Savanna did? I am confused. Cuz, you were being mean to me but I don't recall dissing your hubby. I quite like him. Especially for putting up with your mean-ness. Meanie. Did I mention you are mean. I mean, dissing my toe is one thing but leave my fingers outa this! LOL.

Hey, the word verification for this post is "preasts". Is that petite breasts or how a southerner says his pants got ironed?

Kelly Hill said...

savanna dissed my hubby via facebook. to be fair, julie encouraged it and i place her mainly at blame. but still. and yes, you have been very kind to me until this point of "meanness" comments. but it's warranted, so that's okay. but you know what??!? I HATE FEET, and especially yours, so it's bound to get me all up in arms. or feet.

preasts *snicker*

Unknown said...

the real problem here are the two little toes...they seem to want to go a different route than the other three...

Jen said...

Wow you guys have all kinds of family love - that is for sure!

Julie said...

I have to say, that is an incredible flattering picutre of your toes. Seriously, did you have a foot stand-in?

And, just so you know, Kelly is the instigator. She starts things and then starts pointing the finger at every body else. It's all her though. So Savanna, don't worry about it never being the same - that could be a good thing. And Mike, I agree. Kelly is a meanie meanster.

Julie said...

Mike - after 20+ years of marriage it's high time that the Andersen's know what we are all about. You revealing your nasty toes (I still think you hired a stand-in) is a step and us bickering on your blog is another. I hope we don't ruin your gig.

Julie said...

I almost forgot - admitting that whole first cousin thing is huge! That's step number three and and me spelling their last name wrong in that last comment is #4. I think we are well on the way to ruining the party that you have been enjoying all these years.

A THORN AMONG ROSES said...

Oh, and the party it has been...

Don't worry sis, there wasn't much reputation to compromise!