My sister Julie and her husband adopted Adam after years of trying to have a biological child. He is a unique and great kid. He is almost 8 years old and will be baptized in a few months. They then decided to adopt a little brother for Adam. After almost 2 years of waiting they finally were able to fly down and pick up Noah. Noah was born in Haiti and the prospect of a quality or long life was not likely in his future until they did! Yesterday, Noah was sealed to them in the Salt Lake Temple. His mortal life was enhanced greatly a year ago when they picked him up. His eternal life was blessed greatly yesterday when he was sealed to his loving father and mother.
We love you Noah and are glad you are part of our family!
Some interesting facts about Haiti that might let you realize just how significant the adoption of Noah is.
Haiti is the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere, with 80% of the population living under the poverty line and 54% in abject poverty.
Population: 9,035,536
Population: 9,035,536
Estimates for this country explicitly take into account the effects of excess mortality due to AIDS; this can result in lower life expectancy, higher infant mortality, higher death rates, lower population growth rates, and changes in the distribution of population by age and sex than would otherwise be expected (July 2009 est.)
Life expectancy at birth for males: 59 years
Religion: Roman Catholic 80%, Protestant 16% (Baptist 10%, Pentecostal 4%, Adventist 1%, other 1%), none 1%, other 3%
Life expectancy at birth for males: 59 years
Religion: Roman Catholic 80%, Protestant 16% (Baptist 10%, Pentecostal 4%, Adventist 1%, other 1%), none 1%, other 3%
note: roughly half of the population practices voodoo
Only 52.9% of the adult population can read and write
More than 2/3 of the adult population are unemployed
Only 52.9% of the adult population can read and write
More than 2/3 of the adult population are unemployed
Americans are warned not to travel to Haiti and if they do to be extremely cautious.
(Thank you for the photo KJae)


6 comments:
You're welcome for the photo, but I expected you to have much better ones. We only got a few with Kendall's phone and they weren't great quality. I can't wait to see what yours and Julie's cameras took.
What a beautiful day.
What a great beginning to what is much more likely to be a great end for life on earth.
Nothing quite like "rescuing" a child...
hah! Look how excited those boys are. So cute!
Wow his beautiful round face with that smile is so joyful. What a wonderful day that must have been for your families. What a commitment adoption is. I knew my childs parents and the whole history. I knew to some extent I was in control of creating what would or could be and I can traceso many little things like why they are so dominant in their personality! ( Dang red headed hot dutch blood) or how they got allergies and birth marks. I know why my son hates spiders and sleeps on top of his covers. ... You reach out and take any circumstance any possibility and embrace it. Adoption is a courageous choice. The real star trek into a brave new frontier
What a lovely post. Scott and I saw them at the mall play area and when I circled around to say "hi" they had disappeared. Little Noah was climbing a dinosaur and I was thinking what a cutie. I can definitely attest to the amazing process of adoption. I am so thrilled that they were able to have this blessing come into their lives and he having them. I have a dear friend with two children from Haiti and I have heard the stories. Heavenly Father is so mindful. And he understands perfectly what our family should be. Congratulations Julie and Phil
Post a Comment