Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Sometimes we have to be compelled...


OK, years ago I got over allowing my pride to linger and get in the way of success. However, I have not gotten over the initial short term problems associated with it! Room for growth.

So, this morning I allowed a stupid issue to come between my wife and I. We had a rough morning (no, we are not perfect) and I left for work surrounded by a bad spirit (which I allowed). My mind was muddled. My attitude was pathetic.

A friend had asked to borrow my tandem bike to take his wife for a ride. I loaded it and headed toward his house. Half way there I realized my phone was missing. So, I turned around and headed home. Feeling like I did it was not the direction I wanted to be heading. Rounding the corner a mile from my home our tandem flew out of my truck and smashed the de-railer into the spokes along with some scratches. So, now my dark mood and bad attitude intensified. As I got home I saw my phone laying in the gravel to the side of where my truck had been parked. The phone fell out of my hip clip and my front tire ran it over as I backed out! My black mood and horrible attitude could not have gotten much worse!

As I drove down the road I thought, fight, overcome and humble yourself before something more tragic occurs to teach you the lesson you should already have learned years ago!!! It is crucial that our lives are in harmony and that we do nothing to purposefully disrupt clarity. If not, we will pay the price. In this case $119 for a new phone and $100 for bike repairs.

I am glad that when my mind is cluttered and caught up in selfish behavior the spirit finds it's way through to compell me to grow up. I am glad that I have a tolerant and patient wife that sees through my weaknesses to allow my strengths.

I called my wife and genuinely apologized for the morning and my actions.

So far, I have not been involved in any horrific accidents and the day appears to be moving in a much more positive direction. I am glad.

5 comments:

Em said...

At least it was a phone and not a limb. (although, for some they are equivalently important)

shawn rowley said...

hold on.. hold on....we are all alowed to have three or four of those days a week....don't use them up early!

Jen said...

Way to learn a lesson Brother! Sorry about your phone & bike!

Unknown said...

It sure is rough getting those rough edges smoothed out, ain't it?

Ging said...

I feel like I better comment or something bad might happen to me... like those e-mails you're supposed to forward to 8 people today. All joking aside I too am thankful for a patient spouse and a loving heavenly Father who still love me enough to find their way into my "lesser moments" and make me more.