Sunday, June 28, 2009

I wish...

As I was recently reading the various blogs posted by my family members I thought about how every member of my family is amazing and a powerful example in my life. I thank you each.

I wish I was able to be as honest and as strong as my sister Kelly.

I wish I could be as artistically talented as my sister Emily.

I wish I could be as intelligent and verbally gifted as my brother Shawn R.

I wish I could be as humble and controlled as my dad, Ray.

I wish I had the discipline and control of my brother John.

I wish I approached the spirituality and obedience of my brother Scott L.

I wish I could be everyones best friend like my sister Terri.

I wish I had the passion and excitement of my mother, Bonnie.

I wish I had the positive outlook on life and ability to smile through tribulation like my brother Scott B.

I wish I had the ability to completely change the direction of my life for the better and never stumble like my mother.

I wish I made my wife continually happy as my brother Jerod does his.

I wish I was the parent that my sister Jenny is.

I wish I could have been as dedicated to achieving my educational and career goals as my brother Tristan.

I wish I could blog and be as talented photographically as my sister Amy.

I wish I could be as disciplined and financially responsible as my sister Julie.

I wish I could remember the birthdays of each of my family members and make them feel important like my father does - without fail.

I wish I could be as dedicated to my career as my brother Rick and be as good a fisherman.

I wish I could be as surprising and adventurous as my sister Molly tackling goals such as a marathon.

I wish I could be as gifted dramatically as my sister Ginger.

I wish I could be instantly liked by all who meet me like my brother Jeff.

I wish I could be as comfortable and look as good in mascara as my brother Shawn - enjoying every aspect of life.

I wish I could be as talented with my hands mechanically as my brother Roy.

I wish I could be as intelligent and deep as my sister Falicia.

I wish I could have pursued the career I most wanted like my brother Dave no matter how difficult it was in the beginning.

I wish I could approach being the Christlike person my wife is.

... I could have mentioned so many more things about each of you but simply posted the first thing that came to my mind.

I so love having each of you in my life. Together, you make one amazing example! Thank you.

10 comments:

shawn rowley said...

i wish i could make so much success out of every opportunity small and large that came my way as you do. thanks bud i appriciate your kindness and knowldge about the people in your life.

i hope tings are fantastic for you.

Kelly Hill said...

I wish......

Gosh, thanks MJ! What an inspiring and thought provoking post. I just love those!!

What popped into my mind as I was reading all of that is that we're all unique. We're individually special and together we're amazing! We're meant to be exactly who we are... and people will take what they need from us, and we can take from them something special as well.

I'm grateful for YOU and I'm grateful for ME. I love all of us!!

Amy said...

I wished for many of those same talents you listed from each family member. I'd saying seeing the best in others is a great talent.

Jen said...

Wow Mike that was so thoughtful!
I wish.. that I could serve others the way I always see you serving - without question and without judgement! Thanks again!Love ya!

Ging said...

Thank you Mike. What a nice list of tributes to so many.

JP Anderson said...

Through all the years watching you and especially during the great time I had to work with you and can say I wish I gave everything I did in life my all as you do. Whatever and whoever you are working with you give so much focus and dedication you make it seem like they or it is the only thing important at that moment and most people just don't care that much as you do.

Terri said...

I wish I could see the things in me as well as you do and I wish you could see the things in you the way that I do. we would be more forgiving of ourselves more at rest and comfortable at just being.
Love you Terri

shawn rowley said...

why did you disappear?

Savanna Landrum said...

I dont wish for anything because the truth is all i ever hoped for i have. Thank you honey for giving the best of youreself to me and the girls. i love you for all that you are and everything you are not.

Savanna Landrum said...

p.s. that was your wife, not your daughter. hahaha. -wendy.