Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Very True, Happy Camp is Bigfoot Country!





This is a view of HC from one of the mountain tops. You can see it is surrounded by mountains and trees. This metal statue stands in front of a gas station as you come into town. One of the first things you see of HC. Every year they have "Big Foot Days". We used to attend as kids. My favorite part of it was the bull frog jumping contest. Every kid in town captured one and took turn placing them in a circle and slapping the ground near the frog to motivate him to jump. It was actually lots of fun. Those frogs can seriously jump and their legs taste just like chicken!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I think she's going to catch on fire...

Kelly Hill said...

Chicken??!? Nasty....

Jen said...

That is fun! I wanna go there more with every story!

shawn rowley said...

knee deep! knee deep!

JP Anderson said...

Happy Camp looks beautiful! I'd like to visit some day. Or at least drive through. What's up with Fuego the Big Foot?