I have thought long and hard about what I wanted to say in my first post.
I am truly able to say that I am full of gratitude in my heart. I believe that I have as much reason as most others to become discouraged and down. Yet, I have been blessed with the ability to recognize my good furtune through the sometimes thick and heavy fog of adversity that closes in around me. For this I am truly grateful. I choose to do so. I believe it to be one small step toward self mastery. I believe that my Heavenly Father expects such of me and has aided me in being able to accomplish this. For this and so much more I am grateful.
My daughter Britney mentioned that her mission president challenged the missionaries to read the Book of Mormon before June. I decided to join her in doing so. I challenge each of you to do so too. As I began to read 1st Nephi I read those same words that I have read so many other times over the years "I Nephi, having been born of goodly parents", I noticed someting about this simple verse that I have not deeply contemplated before. Nephi goes on to teach us a valuable lesson with the remainder of this verse - "... and having seen many afflictions in the course of my days, nevertheless, having been highly favored of the Lord in all my days; yea, having had a great knowledge of the goodness and the mysteries of God..."
We all have both blessings and trials in our lives. It is up to us which we choose to focus on and which we allow to impact our happiness and attitude. I believe those around us that appear to be so happy are simply those who have come to learn the valuable lesson that God has not abandoned us because our lives are hard. He has simply allowed us the opportunity to experience the necessary growth needed to prepare for salvation.
This past year or two has been full of trials for not only myself but also many people that I care about. I can't help but think that we are in an intensified refining time. One unique from what we have experienced in years past. There seems to be so much struggle and trial during this difficult time with our nation deep into an exhausting recession. However, the hope that exists is found in the fact that historically God's people ultimately become the most blessed and full of joy after having experienced and endured such times. Of course, that is predicated on our willingess to be obedient and humble. Also, our willingness to change. It is a time to be more in tune, more observant and more obedient. It is a time to be conservative and modest in our living. May we each find success.
Download Now: let's get rude by Blush Design PDF
8 years ago
7 comments:
hokay? i'm i little confused this blog has the same name as your wifes? but i don't seem i get access from hers? wassup?
never mind i figured it out...
Welcome to bloggerville my brother! This is a wonderful post - thanks for the insight! I'm so exicted to see you two finally joining us! Love ya tons. JEN
This is good. Since having the opportunity of working with you ended I haven't been able to hear what deep thoughts are going on inside your head. Those wheels of yours are always turning. I know you like to express yourself when given the chance. This is very good.
at last we get to enjoy your wisdom...guess you had to move away first, eh? SL
I've always loved reading your writing. I'm so glad you and Wendi have jumped into the present and started blogs. Yeehaw!! Love ya! kj
Welcome to the world of Blogging
Post a Comment