Sunday, April 12, 2009

Of great significance...

As Jacob was being taught about the pure in heart he was told that his enemies, the Lamanites, were actually more righteous than the Nephites. He was told that because the Lamanites obeyed one key commandment in spite of their wickedness that "The Lord would not destroy them, but will be merciful unto them" (Jacob 3:6).

What was this commandment? What redeeming quality could allow us hope in spite of other weaknesses and struggles?

"Behold, their husbands love thier wives, and their wives love their husbands; and their husbands and their wives love their children".

If success in this one area despite weakness in others allows mercy then it must be extremely significant. As I contemplated this scripture I couldn't help but picture each of Wendy's sisters and her brother as well as my own siblings one by one. I rejoice in the fact that in this one area for sure our family is overall very successful and therefore, very blessed. I am thankful for each of your examples in this area.

I love my wife. I love my children. I love my extended family. This is one area where I am thankful that I do not struggle. On this Easter morning I rejoice not only in the fact that I am blessed with a great family but that due to my Savior I can be with them eternally.

Happy Easter.

2 comments:

shawn rowley said...

thats a really good point.

JP Anderson said...

I had never picked that up. Thanks for sharing and my we all continue to be good to our spouses lest we be smitten.