Thursday, November 12, 2009

Ametuer at the keyboard...

I do not know structure, rules, etc. I simply write feelings and thoughts. So, forgive the lack of polish. I assume you will all connect the symbolism I tried to use to a much more significant reality. I hope to find in the future that I am not as guilty.

Worth
by Mike Landrum

I love to face upward on moonless nights.
On other nights Ursa Major is easily found.
But on the right night my vision greatly improves.

There are those that stand out and shine bright.
Others go unnoticed. I, too, am guilty.
Hipparchus may not have even noticed them.

However, on those nights I see them.
They shine so soft and faint.
What, really, is their worth?

What would happen without their light?
Would the few brightest do the job?
I hope I don’t ever have to find out.

From now on I am going to try.
Try to discover one I failed to notice before.
That one will have worth in my eyes.


Scott L,

I really want to successfully use MUSE but have failed with every attempt! I know, I am thick. I prefer to consider it creatively challenged. Once I go to the site I cannot find how to post an entree. I know you emailed what to you seemed simple instructions but I failed over and over. I just came from there and can read others posts but played around for 20 minutes with no success determining how to post. So, it isn't due to lack of desire or effort.

5 comments:

Jen said...

You are no ametuer! That was lovely! I too want to post on be mused but haven't even tried yet!

Kelly Hill said...

Beautiful!

Somehow I successfully posted on Scott's site. I wish I knew how and then I'd teach you. Good luck.

Unknown said...

Dude- peace, be still. Great poem, btw. I've just sent you an email with a link and a password. Click on the link, enter the password, and you are officially Be Mused. Here is the link to my post in September that should help you with posting -

http://sleye1.blogspot.com/2009/09/how-to-be-mused.html

I'll be home tonight watching the little people if you still need help. Feel free to telefono: 801-492-4775.

Sorry it has been such a hassle.

SL

Me and More said...

I guess you were writing a poem about how you already are. I have seen you bend and stoop as much as you have stretched and reached. This is one of the things I love most about you.

Ging said...

What a lovely, thought-provoking poem. Thank you for sharing it. I believe I will pass it on to others with your permission.