OK, I had no idea what that experience would be like! Having my little girl sit across from me with a boys hand nervously placed on her knee and her clinging to it like she is scared to let go was crazy enough. But, then to have every crazy thought crash through my mind as to what they needed to tell us... yep, I pretty much knew. But, I guess my mind was crashing through thoughts in an attempt to find another possibility. None came. I knew what was about to happen. So, I said, "Wait". Then, I went in and retrieved my gun belt which has dozens of shiny bullets exposed along with my revolver and strapped it on. I then walked back in and said, "you were saying..."
I genuinely think he wondered whether I would use it. After taking it off and sitting there sincerely I think the boy was too nervous to speak so Savanna finally started to. She said, "Dad, mom, Aaron and I are engaged".
OK, here is where I couldn't have ever come close to grasping the intensity of the experience that was about to occur until living it.
I had every emotion possible flood my body at once. While feeling complete excitement for my little girl especially by seeing how happy and in love she appeared to be I also felt fear, confusion, a sense of wanting to be protective and many many others things. All at the exact same time. Very fascinating moment. I have to do this 4 more times?!
After a moment of Savanna explaining her feelings it appeared he was about to speak. So, I said, "Aaron, it is fine, take a deep breath".
My future son-in-law then went on to say the perfect words to let me know he cherishes my little girl and has only the best of intentions to make her happy. I appreciate him doing so.
We welcome him into our family with open arms and thank him for making Banna so happy. Congratulations Banna, we love you.
Download Now: let's get rude by Blush Design PDF
8 years ago
8 comments:
Oh Mike- I laughed and cried when I read this. I think I love that you got the gun belt- poor guy. I can tell from both your and Banna's blogs that he is a good young man. How overwhelming though. I am so happy for your family. Please tell Wendy I will help in any way I can- with the reception that is. :-)
Wow!! Savanna even brought you in on the joke and convinced you to post about it on your blog. That little gal has tricked me too many times about this supposed engagement so I'm pretty sure I don't believe any of you. Sorry.
Just in case, Congrats to all!
But I still don't believe it.
Wow! Thanks for letting us be a fly on the wall for such a special event. So excited for you all and especially Savanna and Aaron. We'll be willing to help in any way we can too!
Hmm wonder what my dad's gonna do when the big day comes for me? Haha loved this post, Mike. Congratulations to everyone! This is a happy day indeed.
She isnt mine and I have some mixed emotions. Seriously " she's just a baby" I guess we were to andthat seemed to mke sense. Love and best wishes. I can help Ging make cake balls??!!
Aunt Terri
Yippee! I love this story -its hilarious! You know I'll help out too!
Well, well, well. Would you like some crow cake or pie?
Clarify...
Post a Comment