Saturday, October 17, 2009

Sniff sniff...

Wednesday night I played church basketball and had our Elder's Quorum President throw his forearm into my face on purpose out of frustration. The result, a 2nd broken nose playing church basketball. The first was an elbow during a rebound (that time not intentional). I dind't even have the luck to have it break from the other side to maybe balance it out. Instead, it was pushed over the same way so when I quit filling the bathroom sink with blood I was able to focus through blurry eyes and realize my nose was closer to my cheek bone than the center of my face. So, I did what anyone would do, I grabbed it and after a few cracks and pops it was closer to where it is supposed to be. One of the guys was with me and his knees buckled. He said, "dude, how did you do that? You are the toughest guy I have ever known".

In reality, I am the biggest wimp he knows because I had a clear thought that if I left it there and went to the doctor the pain would be much less and he would then adjust it which would cause the intense pain all over again! So, while the pain was clear and present I felt it best to get it over with. So, I gritted my jaws together and molded my nose back into place. I then put ice on it for over an hour. The aggressor apologized as best he could and it was enough for me that he realized he lost control and it resulted in a bad outcome. Hey, anything to help a fellow brother overcome his weaknesses...

Then, on top of it all... I came down with the flu yesterday and feel like a house fell on me! I guess I will have to be lazy and lay in bed all day to recover!

And to think I was wondering what #3 was going to be! 2 weeks ago the starter in our car went out. I bought a new one and replaced it. Then, a week ago our kitchen faucet broke and I had to buy a new one and replace it. I thought the sole of my boot busting in half was #3 but it now appears that just simply wasn't significant enough to be counted. The nose has it.

Counting the boot and the flu maybe I am supposed to have 6 in a row or something. I will keep you posted if another tragedy or complication creeps in next week.

11 comments:

Felicia said...

I believe I speak for us all when I say, pictures please. Come on, get to it. You're just lyin around anyways.
Oh, and get better while you're at it.

Felicia said...

that was me, not fee.

Unknown said...

Note to Landrum: No more Church basketball, dude.

Amy said...

MAN!! OUCH! I'm so sorry. Just wondering, was there any desire to hit the "brother" back? Really sorry about the flu too. I've had it and it is awful. Rest well, I'm sure Wendy will take great care of you and your busted up nose.

Jen said...

OHH MIke! I'm so sorry and can't believe that people really let their tempers get that out of control. HE BROKE YOUR NOSE! Now won't that be an interesting story for him to tell when he sees you at church. Get better my brother - thinks are bound to get better for sure!

Jen said...

or I mean things! Me thinks!!!

Britney said...

Poor Dad :( Get better before next weekend okay?

Em said...

there is nothing churchy about church basketball me thinks. so sorry about your face! ugh....

Ging said...

Since we seem to be speaking in the old English, I will share my thoughts thus,
"Action is eloquence."
William Shakespeare

P.S. So sorry to hear about your nose. I can't believe that your straightened it yourself.

gabby said...

Mic... What the! Dang the remorse of looing it for a moment and creating lasting pain for someone else. I would think you should be expecting brownies or a testimony meeting apology. Hope ou feel light headed soon.

terri not Gab

shawn rowley said...

your just too good looking and the dude was jelouse,

why do we have a gym in a church? because we couldn't afford a gun range!

this is why i won't play basket ball while in any position above nusury leader.