So, this morning I awoke at 4:00 am like I do some mornings. Others it is 2 or 3. Others it is 6:00. Anyway, I rolled over and nestled up to Wendy feeling totally peaceful and happy. I kissed her neck and gently gave her a hug. I couldn't see it but I "felt" her smile. The house was still asleep because there was absolutely no noise except the ticking of the clock. And, that other noise!
I listened for awhile and was wondering what the heck that steady faint beat could be. Wendy finally said, "go check what that noise is... I have to go outside to exercise soon". So, I got up and wandered the house to see if I could hear it more clearly. No noise. As I was about to go outside something caught my eye out our front window. At 4:00 am it is quite dark outside especially with a fingernail clipping of a moon so I couldn't tell what it was. When I walked up to the window I quickly realized we had had visitors at some point in the night. I laughed audibly. Wendy came to see what why.
We have caution tape wrapped around our car, up our walk to our front door as if our house was a crime scene (actually, it is, trespassing). Some young man visited Kings to buy a box of sidewalk chalk and then displayed his artistic ability on our walkway. So, as I go out and inspect things more clearly I read "Garyn... I am dying to take you to homecoming... Garyn" in different chalk colors. Over near the car on the driveway there is a crime scene body outline with a boys name written next to it.
Now, here is the rest of the story. For weeks Garyn has slightly hinted at the fact that a certain boy might ask her to homecoming. I think she was pleased at the thought. So a few days ago she began telling us that he asked someone else. However, he gave very confusing signals because he has shown a lot of interest in Garyn including texting her, asking her opinion of what would be fun for a day date, how he should ask the girl, etc. So, this game comes to a head yesterday when he announces that he asked another girl to homecoming. Garyn handled it well on the outside but a dad knows... It didn't help that when he told her that he asked another girl GJ asked how he asked her... he said that he didn't want to tell her. She was not pleased and thought he was being stupid. So did I . Now it makes total sense.
Some of you may have noticed her facebook posting about feeling depressed yesterday. Hmmm. I wonder why? So, I got up and walked Wendy to the church to teach her class (since her car was part of a crime scene) and am now about to go for a walk. By the way, the stars are really bright right now so I am going to love this country mile walk. I can't wait to get back and wake GJ up to see her depression instantly disappear! I assure you her smile will be bigger and brighter than the sliver moon over Declo that I saw this morning.
So, how should she answer, "I would love to live it up with you at homecoming"? Other ideas? She will be asking.
Major style and creative points for this young man! He got her GOOD! Honestly, he got me good too... I wanted to thump him for playing mind games with my little girl. He has sufficiently made up for it.
Oh, the noise was the caution tape tied to our screen door. Suttle movement as the wind softly blew.
Download Now: let's get rude by Blush Design PDF
8 years ago
8 comments:
PHew! I'm so glad he didn't leave her hanging. What a funny idea. I like your answer idea Mike- that's clever too. Can't wait to read her facebook posting today.
That was awesome - I think I enjoyed your description of the moon and the silence of country life almost as much...ahh, country...
I loved your description too - I would love to live where you live! Alas I do not . I'm gonna think on that idea! I'll let you know! Yahoo! for G.J.
Love ya, JEN
OOPs not Paige but her momma
What a smart boy. He has great taste and a clever head on his shoulders. Score points for him! I liked your idea for a response too. Maybe she should have the reply delivered by a police officer- do you have any connections?
Thats exactly how I replied to a date request! Plus a packet of bbq sauce for creative/gory flare.
The boy asked by filling my entire room with shredded paper (NOT a good idea).
Perhaps a "It'd be criminal not to go with you." or "I'd kill to be your date". mmm. pretty dark theme...
that was a really great story and you told it with captivating flare.....
now get me a an article of reicently worn clothing, spinal fluid sample and a, big wooden spoon.
and your next set of worries will be negigible.
if not, can i put a shock collar on him rated to "saint bernard".....
i'l filp you to see who holds the remote....
Shock collar I might have come up with but "rated to Saint Bernard"... no way. You crack me up. I'll let you know if your services are needed.
Post a Comment