Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Participating in the all skate.

I have to say amen to all the previous posts about the events last week and will maybe add a few of my thoughts.

Gaining self-mastery and knowledge is what our existence is greatly about. I witnessed 2 great examples of that this past week in Felicia chosing to take upon herself the name of Christ and covenant to follow him and Britney returning from a mission she immersed herself in with whole heart.

Felicia. I could not be more impressed with the genuine and sincere approach you took to finding truth. I know your testimony is now rock solid. The foundation you now have to begin a life of service and obedience is sure. You will contribute greatly in building the kingdom. You will influence many many of your brothers and sisters during your lifetime. You have influenced everyone in this family for the good and you will influence your immediate family in time. Thank you for making John so happy. We love you.

Britney. Thank you for being my teacher and for being such a wonderful daughter and disciple of Christ. You are an amazing example to not only your sisters but to everyone who is blessed to associate with you. Your maturity and composure spiritually assures you success in life and I cannot wait to see all that you will accomplish! I am very thankful for you.

Family. Thank you for everything. I think we all caught a glimpse of what true "joy" is. No worldly happiness can replace the experiences of last week in providing true happiness.

6 comments:

Kelly Hill said...

Thanks for letting us be a part of it. We love you all. kj

Anonymous said...

Thankyou MikE! It was a wonderful time wasn't it! I love this family thing.

Jen said...

OOOPs that was me, she is tooo young to blog! LOL!

Terri said...

Thank you for providing the opportunity to get together. Lovely words to go with my lovely week.

JP Anderson said...

Your last comments were my thoughts exactly. There are many struggles in not only my life but I'm sure in all of the family's lives, but knowing that we are all doing our best to live the gospel and proving it brings joy and peace that no amount of money or worldly pleasures can provide.

shawn rowley said...

cool way cool. a great dad and brother. well done.