Thursday, July 23, 2009

Jump hug

I am the blessed father of a jump hug every night upon coming home. I come in through our back door and there stands Maddie waiting for me to place my computer and note book down on the kitchen table. Then, as she backs up into the kitchen for enough space to get a good run at me I position and brace. She grins and then runs and jumps as high as possible. I place my hands under her arms and lift so that she can wrap her legs around my waiste and her arms tightly around my neck. She squeezes and then gives me a pert little kiss on the cheek.

Truly the highlight of my day to this point with no contest!

And, as an added bonus my wonderful little nephews and neice are staying with us. My little buddy Dawson instantly clung to my leg and looked up at me with puppy dog eyes communicating a desire to be lifted for a good ol' neck hug of his own. It meant as much to me as it appeared to mean to him and therefore it was a mutually beneficial moment. We are without contest buddies. I am glad.

2 comments:

Terri said...

A Very sweet life. Its good to be purposely loved

Molly Thorne said...

Thanks so much for letting them stay. They were so excited to see Uncle Mike.