Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sad.

Calling around today to obtain addresses for mailing announcements. Contacted my good friends Aaron and Amy Munn. Amy answered. It has been 2 months since I spoke with Aaron and received the miraculous news that Amy's brain surgery and other surgeries resulted in a clean bill of health/cancer free.

This is the first time that Amy has sounded tired. I asked softly how she was feeling. She bravely shared with me the fact that weeks after the clean bill of health the cancer returned. She now has 8 aggressive tumors on her brain. For the first time I don't hear the confidence and fight in her voice. They give her 2 months to live. She shared with me that she and Aaron have been visiting with their sweet little girls to teach them about what will likely happen soon. In Amy's word's, "We will be ready". Out of respect I won't share some of the more personal difficulties and emotions that she is obviously facing.

I wish I had her strength. I am glad her and Aaron are my friends. Please pray for their family.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Mike,
I'm so sorry to hear about this. May God bless and strengthen them and their family.

Ging said...

Life is fragile but it would seem that sometimes I am expected to sit up, take notice, pray more fervently and be reminded "on whom I can depend" We will remember their family when we pray

Terri said...

That is heart breaking. Im sorry