It has felt really good to actually work again after so long. Managing the concrete plant has it's benefits and I really enjoy it overall but the extent of physical work is limited to testing concrete which doesn't last long enough to do much or crawling in and out of my truck to socialize with my contractors.
I have been working on a Gazebo for our back yard since I have 5 daughters to marry off. You will get to greet Aaron and Savanna as they stand in it during their reception. I put the roof on it today. That is sufficient exercise for one day!!! My calves are aching from the 50 plus trips up the ladder and balancing on the walls 10' off the ground. After a few saturdays of this my farmer's tan has come along well. It was a great day due to the little girls sticking it out with me and helping out. They were even sweet enough to clean up while I laid on our patio furniture watching! Maddie made me a sandwich and fruit shish-ka-bob and kept me supplied in water to allow proper hydration.
Feeling completely spent is a bitter/sweet experience but one I am thankful I was able to have today. For my girls it is worth it. For my future evenings sitting by my sweetheart as the sun goes down it was way worth it!
Now for sleep.
Download Now: let's get rude by Blush Design PDF
8 years ago
4 comments:
Nice to hear from you Mike, and the Mike I'm sure that will always be engraven on my mind; carpenter Mike. You'll come in quite handy in the creations to come. For it is not enough to have all the authority in the world to create things. You must have the power that comes through understanding. That puts a little different spin on the phrase, "knowledge is power", don't you think?
So glad your bloggin again. I just can't wait to see that gazebo. Super excited for the whole event. We love you guys
I ws hoping for a picture! It sounds like a labor of love. Cant wait to see Bana bee bop boo under it with her sweetheart.
I was waiting for a photo too. I guess it will be part of the magic of the day. Looking forward to seeing all of the hard work I hear you've been putting in in your yard.
Post a Comment